Whenever someone wants to start a new website or a blog, they go through the same dilemma over and over again: Which hosting service to choose?
There are many of them, and starting your WordPress site on the right one can help with many issues. More importantly, it can prevent a lot of bad stuff from happening to you. If you have such a problem right now, then you are in luck. Today, we are going to not only suggest three best hosting services that you can use, but also compare them, and see which one is the best among them.
The services that we are going to talk about are Bluehost vs HostGator vs DreamHost. We know that there are a lot of similar reviews that are made in a hurry, which is why we are going to take it slow. We will go into detail, and we will try to explain everything that needs explaining. Let us begin.
Bluehost Vs Hostgator Vs Dreamhost
Bluehost is not only one of the best services around, it is also one of the oldest ones. It was established back in 1996, and the fact that it is still operating and relevant today means that it does its job well.
It treats everyone equally, no matter if you are a large corporation, a single individual, or something in between, like a small business. Even the start itself is easy and affordable, and you can do it for a very small price.
Many of the best bloggers use it for running their own sites, and it is one of the best services that you can get for $3.95 per month. Every customer is grateful and satisfied with its service, and you won’t be an exception. Let us talk about its pros, cons, as well as features that it offers.
- It includes a free SSL certificate
- It is very reliable as a hosting service
- In case that you are not happy with what it has to offer, there is a 30-day money return guarantee. That means that you get a full refund if you decide to cancel within the first month.
- Bluehost offers free email accounts, and it doesn’t put a limit on how much you can get
- The support is available at any time, day and night. You can contact them via email, live chat, or even a phone. The service itself is friendly, helpful, and it works very fast.
- Plans are very well organized, and extremely cheap when you compare it to this service’s competitors.
- A domain name will come free with the purchase
- You can only reach the full potential of the service through many add-ons that you must install first.
- There are three different packages that you can choose from. The basic one is good enough for only one website, and it is also the cheapest one. You can make and handle multiple websites with the Plus package. And the last one is a Prime package. You should choose that one if you need good backups and the strongest protection.
- Bluehost does not put a limit when it comes to bandwidth or the number of files that you use. This is also what makes it different from many others, as well as what makes it better than them.
- It features cPanel as well, which will make it simple to manage your entire hosting account from one place. The interface is icon-based, it has rich features, and it also has a themed layout.
- Automatic backups come as well. All of your data will get safely stored, and kept safe.
Bluehost’s WordPress hosting is also something that you should not pass on if you can afford it. This is definitely the right choice for everyone who gets to get a fresh start. Its reputation is great, and it is a very reliable service. But if you are still not convinced, here are some extra features that you should know about:
Other features that Bluehost offers:
- Professional support of the highest level
- Hosting team that has experience and resources to help you achieve the best experience, and start off your website properly.
- Less than 30 seconds of hold time on average
- It has its own data center, it owns the servers that it uses, and it has its own Linux Kernel. Basically, every and any problem that you have can be worked out at the same place, without the need to go around and treat the solution like some sort of puzzle game.
- It has two secondary data centers with a total of over 20,000 square feet, and also a 50,000 square foot headquarters.
- There are also diesel generators, UPS power, and several 10GB fiber connections to multiple locations all over the world.
- Read our detailed Bluehost Review.
Another one of the leading companies in the world of hosting services is HostGator. This company was founded in 2002, and its headquarters is in Houston, Texas. However, that doesn’t limit the company at all, and it has clients from more than 200 locations.
They number over 750 employees that are strategically placed all around the world. And when it comes to hosting offers that it provides, you will find that there are quite a lot of them. All of them work together to provide different sections and suite company’s clients and their needs. Among them are reseller hosting, dedicated web hosting, shared web hosting, as well as VPS hosting. One of the newer features even includes cloud hosting.
The company has had quite a history, and it all started in the dorm room of Brent Oxley, its current chairman. Since its founding, many internet marketers and bloggers have found their online home in this service.
The reasons for such popularity are many, and one of them includes the fact that you can buy hosting options for monthly, quarterly, as well as annual basis. And best of all, your first month on HostGator will only cost you $0,01. Paying on a monthly basis has been a more favorable option by many, which is why HostGator has quite a number of clients these days.
It hosts over 8 million domains, which speaks for itself when it comes to its popularity. Also, even its cloud hosting has some of the most affordable prices, which is definitely a step in the right direction for this service.
The website that you build on HostGator are guaranteed to remain eco-friendly. This is something that many people are looking for when choosing their host. HostGator is a great supporter of protecting the environment, and it invests regularly in wind energy. Also, it is buying certificated renewable energy credits. If you need more reasons to choose this service, let’s take a look at its pros, cons, and features.
- You get a control panel that will let you manage the entire website from a single place
- Its uptime is 99,9%, with a guarantee
- You get $200 in advertising credits when you sign up
- Every one of its plans has a 45-day money return guarantee
- Many simple tools that you can use for scripting and web design come with it, which makes it great even for beginners
- You get a free migration service that will easily transfer your site from an old host
- You can access their excellent customer support at any time via email, phone, or live chat
- It doesn’t offer a free domain registration after you sign up, which something that many other companies will offer
- Some of its plans will cost you more when you compare them with the prices of its competitors
- You can install it easily since you get a 1-click WordPress installation, There are also 75+ more applications for you to choose from
- Many new features will follow if you decide to take the WordPress Starter Plan. They include multiple plugins and apps that you can use for WordPress, as well as a simple-to-use control panel. Better security and speed boosting are also a part of the deal.
- There are multiple hosting plans for you to choose on HostGator. They include VPS hosting, WordPress hosting, shared hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated hosting.
- A Business plan is the best option for those who wish to host an online store. This is because you get a dedicated IP address for free, and also an SSL certificate. You even get an option to accept payment via many different online gateways, as well as compatibility with multiple shopping carts.
- Your website will have protection when it comes to DDoS attacks, which are quite often these days
If you want your blog on WordPress, then HostGator is the best choice for you. Its multiple plans, as well as different types of hosting, will definitely provide you with something useful that will suit your needs.
There are even more features that you will get on HostGator signup. Here is what is in store:
- It is one of the best choices in hosting industry, with over 12,000 servers under management
- It has over 400,000 customers from around the world who are enjoying this host’s services and building their businesses on them
- HostGator’s customers include enormous companies and corporations, as well as individual freelancers. These customers come from over 200 countries around the world.
- Over 90% of this service’s clients have reported that they are more than satisfied with the provided service
- Its management team has some of the best web hosting specialists that are always working on making sure that everyone’s needs are met, and that everything works properly.
- Read the our HostGator Review.
Dreamhost is another one of the best companies around, and it has been around for quite some time as well. It was founded in 1997 at Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, CA. Its founders were four Computer Science Undergraduates,
Since then, it became one of the biggest hosting companies, and it provides excellent service for smaller businesses. It is a host to more than 750,000 WordPress installations, and it has over 1.5 million sites in total.
Your website will grow on Dreamhost whether you have an already running business, or you are a new blogger eager to expand your influence. Let us now talk about pros, cons, and features that this service offers.
- The support is available 24/7, but only through a ticket system. Requests are made through the customer dashboard.
- The money return guarantee is present as well, and it lasts for 97 days, which is one of the longest running guarantees in the industry.
- Setup is completely free, and you can even choose to pay on a monthly basis if that is your preference.
- The service uses its own special control panel. Those who were using cPanel until now may have a difficult time when it comes to getting to know it.
- Live chat and phone calls are not a part of the customer support, Also, waiting for an answer when you have a problem may take some time, which is frustrating to many users who face difficulties.
- There are multiple types of hosting that this service offers. They include WordPress hosting, shared hosting, dedicated servers, as well as VPS hosting. Cloud servers and storage are also an option.
- You can achieve faster loading through SSD drives that it uses. Also, as mentioned previously, it has its own version of a control panel, which excludes cPanel.
- There is also a managed WordPress hosting plan. Its name is DreamPress, and it works much faster than shared hosting. Traffic spikes also won’t pose a problem, and the site won’t go down thanks to server optimization.
You can say that Dreamhost provides a fast and pretty reliable service. However, it is probably not the best options for those new to this type of thing, since you won’t get help instantly whenever you need it.
- Dreamhost’s hosting technology is among the best ones in the industry, which raises the quality of the service on a whole new level.
- The service also constantly looks for new ways to improve, which means that it can only get better in time.
- Its packages are among the best in the industry, and the service aims to provide as much quality as possible.
- There are no limits when it comes to data transfer, FTP accounts, sub domains, or the number of sites that you wish to have
- Choosing a domain name is completely free.
- Read the Dreamhost Review.
It is important to choose a service that will make it easy for you to find your way around. cPanel is one of the best ways to manage your website, so choosing a service that offers it is best for new bloggers. Especially if they are not tech savvy as of yet.
All of these services will offer a control panel, but as we saw, it is not always cPanel. All of them also have 1-click WordPress installation, which simplifies the process a lot.
They all offer CloudFlare service as well, which is a great way to improve your website’s loading time. Also, it is often completely free, since it is still looking to attract as many users as possible.
One of the tips that we can give you is to try and get a good theme immediately upon installing WordPress. It will help with improving an overall impression, which is very important. Visitors to your website will judge what they can see and feel, so use something elegant, but still fun. On the other hand, messy design can only drive potential customers away. Basically, take a good, long look on your website, and try to think what a new potential customer might think when they see it for the first time.
Also, when you get to choosing your hosting service, make sure that you have a money back guarantee. You can’t know if the service is right for you until you try it. We can write about ours or other people’s experiences, but your experience is what matters to you.
And finally, do your research. Checking what other people say is not enough for a final verdict, but it is a good insight into what you will have to deal with. This can prove invaluable to you, whether you are just starting out, or if you already have some experience, but wish to migrate your site.
In this Bluehost vs HostGator vs Dreamhost comparison, we have covered major pros, cons, and features of these three services. It is important for you to know to know these things. Starting a new website requires a lot of work, and you should inform yourself about the service you will choose as much as you can before you actually choose it.
Despite a lot of info regarding them, we still did our best to simplify the decision-making process as much as possible. The top choice seems to remain Bluehost, at least when it comes to our recommendation. The final verdict is, of course, up to you as a future client. Hopefully, you will be satisfied with your choice, and it is our hope that this Bluehost Vs Dreamhost Vs HostGator comparison can help you decide.