Whether you are starting a small personal business, or you just want a place where you will have the liberty to express yourself, you will need a website. When you have a website, you set your own rules and terms.
You can use it to organize your ideas and present them to the world. Alternatively, you can also start an online store, or launch and promote your business. Either way, you will soon discover that there is a lot that needs taking care of.
We won’t lie, only starting out involves a lot of work and dedication, not to mention a small sum of money that will help you get going. You will have to choose your web host, as well as which deal to take. You need to think of a good, catchy name for your domain. Then you will need to think of another one, but this time one that is available.
Next, there are registrations, maybe a choice when it comes to the web developer, and maybe even a designer. As we said, there is quite a lot of work that needs doing, and quite soon, it can all become overwhelming. But let us slow down a bit. Let us see what is web hosting, and also is it really that important?
|Web Host Provider||Pricing||Speeds||Special Mention||View Review||Visit Web Provider|
|$3.95 or $4.95 for Cloud||Very fast||Best Cloud Hosting||Review||Visit HostGator
|$3.92||Very fast||Best Shared Hosting / Cheapest||Review||Visit A2 Hosting
|$3.95||Fast||Best Beginner Web Hosting||Review||Visit Bluehost
|$3.95||Fast||Best WordPress Blog Hosting||Review||Visit Siteground
About web hosting
If you think of your website as of your online home, then you can consider web hosting service to be real estate. Your website lives on a web host, but also many folders that have all of your files, apps, media, and alike. All of your content is there, which includes text, comments, HTML, and all other databases. Literally, web hosting service is what provides you with your website, and what keeps it safe and functioning.
With such an important role to play, you need to carefully consider which web host are you going to choose. Basically, you need to figure out what your website’s and your own needs are, and then find a site that can provide means to satisfy them.
Which web host to choose?
This is a very important question, and you can’t make such a decision without careful consideration. We can help you out by recommending some that we think are best. However, the final decision falls on you, and you alone. So, here are the best contenders when it comes to our choice:
Those in search of an easy and affordable web host should definitely consider HostGator. It is an excellent provider with extremely affordable prices, and many features that follow. There are several packages for you to choose from, and depending on the size, the features and price change as well. It is super fast, and its customer support is fantastic. You get a 99.9% uptime, as well as a 45-day money back guarantee. Not only that, but it also offers a migration service, in case that you want to leave your previous host.
Here’s our HostGator Review.
#2. A2 Hosting
No matter if your traffic is high or low, A2 will take care of you, and provide you with great speeds and awesome deals. It also has very affordable prices, even though they go up with the size of a package. If you ever need help with anything concerning your website, you can always contact their customer support. They are available at all times, and capable of helping out with whatever you need. Security is great as well, which many satisfied clients can confirm.
Read the comprehensive A2 Hosting Review.
Bluehost is a very affordable option as it is. With that being said, we should also mention that it currently offers a great discount. You shouldn’t miss such an opportunity since it is a real money-saver. It offers constant support of excellent quality, as well as 30 days of money-back guarantee. Not only that, but it lets you choose a domain for free, and you also get a free site builder. WordPress installs are only one click away on this web host.
Here is our detailed Bluehost Review.
Finally, we have SiteGround. This provider offers more features than we can count. However, it is best when it comes to customer support, and it is especially good for WordPress. Prices are great, and optimization is amazing. It will help you start off by providing free transfer, 1-click installer, as well as auto-updates. Many more features are included, so check it out yourself, and see what you can get.
Read SiteGround Review.
Hosting is like real estate
We have compared web hosting to real estate earlier, which is not at all wrong. It is actually a pretty similar concept, which is why we will continue to use it in order to make things more clear and easy to understand.
Pretty much anyone old enough to be interested in these topics has probably already experienced the search for an apartment or a house. You might have also been on a hunt for a new business office. We mention this because searching for a web host is not that different from these experiences.
If you think that this is not true, allow us to take you through the process and see how similar they are.
- Some of the decisions you have to make will have a heavy impact on the price. For example, are you going to buy a property for yourself, or only rent one that belongs to somebody else? Are you going to start from scratch and build something completely new, or use something that is already there as a base? Will you be the only tenant, or are you going to share with others?
- You need to decide how much are you willing to pay. Will you pay a premium and get the best, or are you going to pay only as much as you absolutely have to in order to get what you need?
- The size matters, and you must calculate how big a place you need. The lack of space can really hurt you a lot if you don’t take enough. However, you also don’t need an entire mansion for only one person. The storage area of a decent size is also good to have, so calculate that in as well.
- If you are planning to run a business, you will need to predict how much space you need for your clients. If you miscalculate here, it might reflect badly on your business and reputation. You will lose both clients, as well as their money.
- Depending on what business you are in, you may need some special features. Maybe you will need a lot more storage area than someone else so that the flow of people can increase without issues? The location itself might be of bigger importance than anything else.
- Perhaps you will need additional help when it comes to maintenance. After all, it is more than possible that you just can’t do everything by yourself, especially on a big property. That means hiring help that needs payment at the end of the month. Additional security and support are also often needed. After all, you need to ensure quality, and safety of your business, as well as your clients.
As you can see, all of these points may influence your decision when you are on real estate hunting, as well as web host search. The point in both cases is to identify crucial factors and make sure that those are taken care of. Only then can you focus on the details.
What is next?
Basically, you need to make sure that you have a good plan, and that you know what you need to look for. You need to:
- Match the needs of your website to the type of hosting service
- Provide enough space for additional content that your website will have
- Make sure that you can handle the traffic, and not get overwhelmed by it
- Find the host that provides a control panel for easy management
- Learn how to keep your website secure. Security is very important, especially with all the online threats that are around
- Figure out how to improve your website, and maybe use it for even more than you originally had in store for it
There are many things to consider when you are making a website, and this is not something that you can rush through. You will have to invest time, effort, and money as well. Because of this, it is important to play it safe, and not risk what you don’t have to.
Starting off a business is a risk enough, and you don’t need to add on it. So take your time, explore, find out what you need to do. If you don’t think you can do it yourself, you can hire professionals that will do it for you. Explain to them your idea and needs, and their experience might help you out in more ways than one.
Ali is a freelance journalist with 5 years of experience in web journalism and marketing. He contributes to various online publications like Best10VPN. With a master degree, now he combines his passions for writing about internet security and technology. When he is not working, he loves traveling and playing games.