Despite the fact that WordPress is one of the largest platforms used for blogging in the world, it is also much more than that. It is a total and complete content management system, and you can use it for creating many different website types.
So, if you have an interest in creating your own website or a blog, you have come to the right place. We will discuss today how you can do so without too much of a hassle, and how to do it right.
Choose your web host
This is the first step that you have to make. It is also one of the most important ones. Whenever you decide to start something, future progress and development always depend on one thing, which is the base of your project or business.
There are tons of companies out there, and if you have your favorite, then good for you, hopefully, it will work out. If not, we have a couple of suggestions for you. Those include HostGator, A2 Hosting, Bluehost, and SiteGround.
HostGator is simple to use, and very affordable thanks to its low prices. The prices do differ from plan to plan, but for a simple blog, or a small website, it won’t cost you more than a couple of dollars a month. Each of its plans offers different features as well, and the more you pay, the more you get. You can also use its service for migrating from another host. However, HostGator is best known for its great speed, as well as amazing customer support. Additionally, it also offers up to 45 days of money return guarantee. Read our HostGator Review.
#2- A2 Hosting
No matter what your traffic is like, A2 Hosting will provide help and support, as well as amazing speeds. They will treat you equally, whether you need a website for a giant corporation, or a single person blog to map out your adventures. The prices are also very affordable, but they do change depending on the package you need. Their support team is always there for you when you need help. Also, with great speeds, they also offer pretty great security too. It is definitely among the best hosts in the industry, and you might want to check it out. Go through our A2 Hosting Review.
Next, we have Bluehost. It already had pretty good prices, which are even better now, because of a large discount that it offers. It is a host to more than 2 million websites across the world, which is a pretty good guarantee of quality. You get a 30-day money back guarantee, a non-stop support, and a ton of features that follow. It even offers a Cloud solution for your website, which is simple, affordable, and extremely powerful new option. Here’s our Bluehost Review.
Finally, there is SiteGround. This one offers quite a lot, starting with different hosting platforms. You get the choice to modify your experience as much as you want, which is not something you can get everywhere.
Among its many features are great speeds, free transfer from another host, as well as a 1-click installer for your WordPress. Support is also very worth mentioning since it is one of the best ones in the business.
Now that you know which ones are the best options, you are ready for the next step. Of course, if you wish to explore further and perhaps choose a different provider, feel free to. For the purpose of this article, we will use Bluehost as an example of how to set everything up. So let us proceed. Read the detailed SiteGround Review.
Set up the hosting account
You can do this fairly easily, and you can start by signing up on Bluehost’s home page. Then you will have to choose a name for your domain. You can enter one that you already own if you do own it. All that will happen is that you will have to go through some more steps in order to get your DNS to point on Bluehost.
- However, if you do not have a name for your domain, you can think of one right now. Bluehost offers free domains to those who create an account on their service, which is a great deal, and it will save you money.
- Next, you will have to fill out a form with some personal info for your account. After that, you get to choose the hosting package. The prices are different depending on the package, but still very affordable. And, basically, the bigger it gets the more space you get, and the more money you save. Don’t fear that you might need more in the future because Bluehost allows package upgrades as well.
- Depending on how much do you worry about privacy, you can also purchase some additional protection. It will hide your private data, and it doesn’t cost much. Additionally, there are a few more extra offers, but you will get to explore them during the account creation.
- After filling all of this out, you click Next, and your account purchase is complete. All that is left to do is to set up a password. To do this, we recommend some sort of password generator. That way, you won’t have to remember it, and it will still keep your passwords safe.
- The password itself has to be a relatively strong one. That means that it must include lowercase as well as capital letters, a special character, and also a number.
When it comes to safety and security, Bluehost doesn’t plan on risking it. Hopefully, all went well so far, and you are now ready to install WordPress.
Installing a WordPress
Many people fear this part because it seems overly complicated. However, you don’t have to worry. Bluehost recognizes the issue and has therefore created a very easy way of doing this. All you need to do is use its new MOJO Marketplace, and installing both WordPress and other apps will become the easiest thing ever.
You can find it in your cPanel, and choose One-click-installs. After clicking that, you will end up on a Scripts and Platforms part of MOJO Marketplace. You will instantly find a section related to blogs, and all you need to do is click on the WordPress icon. Installation window will open, and by clicking the Start, you will already be done with one of the few steps that you are required to take.
Next steps are as follows:
1. Choose where to install your WordPress. If you have multiple domains on your account, you get to choose which one you want to use for installing it. When you choose the domain, simply hit Check Domain button. By doing this, you will make sure that it is pointing to your own account. A warning about file overwriting might appear, but there is nothing to worry about if you don’t have another website built.
Proceed by checking that box, and carry on. That warning is there mostly to make double sure that you really want to do this. Those who do have other sites must click carefully and check that they are not overwriting one of the already formed sites.
2. You will get to the section by the name of Advanced options. Here, you get to set up a password and username for the WordPress install. You should really use a different username instead of just settling for ‘admin’. Also, you should set up an extra strong password. Check the box that says ‘Automatically create a new database for this installation’. You will need it if you don’t already have a database.
3. Read the terms and conditions, and when you are done, check the box to confirm it. All that it is left is to click Install Now.
The process will start, and you will find yourself on a progress page. From there, you can follow the advance of the installation. When it is done, you will get your site’s URL, as well as the admin login URL. Your username and password will follow as well. All of this, except for the password, will also arrive in a mail, so make sure that you keep it safe.
Log into your WordPress, and you will end up on your dashboard. You can use it to control everything, and you will discover that using it is very easy.
Many people are dreaming of having their own blog or a website, which would serve as your own little space on the web. You can do whatever you want on it, and express yourself in any way you see fit. However, the complex website creations were a deal breaker for them. Let’s face it, not everyone knows how to do things like that.
Still, web hosts understood this problem, and they were working hard on its solution. Now, anyone can make their own site by simply following our few steps. It is easy, quick, and there is basically nothing to confuse you. So do it now. Achieve your dream, get your own corner of the web, where you can do what you want. Simply follow this guide, and all of it can be possible.